The purpose and intent of the Planning Board is to review land use, suggest modifications to regulatory and advisory documents, and provide support to advance the following goals:
- Promote New Marlborough's small-town atmosphere.
- Allow for the continuation of traditional settlement patterns in New Marlborough
- Protect the rural and agricultural environment.
- Protect the Town's natural beauty and habitats.
- Encourage a range of living options for a range of incomes and ages.
- Encourage smart economic growth.
New Marlborough Planning Board updates its: Open Space and Recreation Plan
As part of updating the Open Space and Recreational Plan (OSRP) as required by the State to maintain our Town's favorable consideration of receiving state grants, the Planning Board asks you to complete a survey about the protection of open and natural spaces and outdoor recreational opportunities within New Marlborough. This anonymous survey takes less then ten minutes to complete and is available online.
Let us know what you want in New Marlborough. Thank you for your participation, your opinion and ideas are very important to us.